Tuesday, August 28, 2012


My story isn’t a fantastic adventure filled with action, and it isn’t one filled with heartbreak either. My life is rather average, some might even say it’s boring.  But, despite this drab introduction, I will try to make my life seem rather appealing.
            I was born in Fort Worth Texas, and my younger sister was born two years after me.  We lived in Arlington until I was the age at which I was able to attend school.  At the time, Arlington wasn’t the safest place to put your kids in school. So we moved to Granbury.  At the time, Granbury was a small and safe town.  But as we all know, good things don’t last forever.  By the time I was in the third grade, Granbury had exploded in population and its schools became overcrowded.  In turn, my parents purchased a lot in the small neighbor town of Tolar and built a house.  My sister and I were enrolled in Tolar schools and ten years later I graduated from Tolar High School in a class of 54 students.   
            Let me change things up a little and tell you some random facts about myself.  I enjoy listening and dancing to my music selection, even in the car.  I love to run recreationally, not competitively and that story is for another day.  I have run a Half Marathon, and it is my personal goal to run a full Marathon.   I am not the most religious guy in the world, but I do believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and it is through him that I am saved.  One of the reasons that I chose OBU was for me to strengthen my relationship with God and to help me understand what he has planned for my life.  I have a wonderful girlfriend named Taylor; she studies Biochemistry here at OBU.  I was recruited by Abercrombie & Fitch or “The Company” as we associates call it, and worked at Hollister as an “In Store Model.”  I made many friends from my time there and I do plan on returning to the store to work over the summer break.
            I’m going to admit that I am not the best writer in the world.  I can write research papers pretty well. But the creative stuff, I’m dead in the water.  However, I am praying that this class will help me improve my writing skills and I am looking for to spending the semester with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Becoming stronger in my faith was also one of my main reasons of coming to OBU! I think that it is so cool though that you were a model for Abercrombie and Hollister. That is one of the things I have always wanted to do, but never got the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete